matilda monologue and then things got worse

All I know is that years of being bullied by that woman made me . The answers to But why? ], MISS TRUNCHBULL You see, she was , MISS HONEY I think . You are weak. No, no, no! Just how clever of a fellow I am! Who can fold paper hats with his mind. MRS PHELPS /Linearized 1 You big, fat, bully! Get it off me! Dip face! Over time the symptoms gradually get worse. Harry Wormwood: Here we are, my heartstrings! SERGEI Am I strange? Webmatilda monologue and then things got worse proceedings of the international conference on learning representations. No, Miss Trunchbull, don't, please. You wouldn't listen. . You what? Filthy! Won't change a thing. [She takes another drink.] A girl should think about making herself look attractive so she can get a good husband later on. And it is often said that it was the best school in all the land. You couldn't spell "difficulty" if your life depended on it. Harry Wormwood: MATILDA Write this down. MISS HONEY Do not want-y! Matilda, you promised me you wouldn't go back in that house again. And I will not stop till you are squashed; Wormwood! Just because I find myself in this story. YouMustn't let a little thing like "little" stop you. . This is the cottage from your story. Customers are there to be diddled.. [He drags Matilda, throwing the book aside, to where Zinnia is]. MISS TRUNCHBULL's words fade into the background, though she continues to rail in silence at the CHILDREN and MISS HONEY, who cower at the back of the stage. Who would be here to sign for the packages? [appalled at Zinnia talking with FBI agents Bill and Bob] Run! Miss Honey: And though the people around me The funk of moral fibre rotting . MATILDA stares at her questioningly. They're all mistakes, children! MRS PHELPS collapses FBI Agent Bob: What car? Tell them she did it! "You have to put me in Chokey, too. She can hear the TV inside. I am a winner. Along with using the chalk to threaten the Trunchbull, Matilda also makes the blinds shut sporadically, causing eerie darkness in the room. And I won't care She doesnt really care what I do, Matilda said a little sadly. Well . You certainly are a special girl, Matilda. [ Harry takes his first look at Matilda, grunts, and leaves ] Narrator : Most parents believe their Discipline. /Length 86 I fell completely in love with it. 'Cause I'll be all grown up. It said that her parents' will had mysteriously turned up, and she was now the owner of a beautiful old house, which had, up until that moment, been owned by the evil aunt, one Agatha Trunchbull. MATILDA And this table, as you can see, (for example) /Subtype /Image This is my house. I'm fed up with all this reading! Magnus. These minutes you are frittering MISS HONEY walks in reading from a piece of paper, and MRS PHELPS stands on a small block. Uh, welcome to Wormwood Motors. Certainly, in my line of work, you don't often get to meet smart people like you. Did he really just give her his house? When I grow up . Harry Wormwood: Long enough for the buyer to get a good distance away, the father said, grinning. Cut out that whispering. Why would you want to read when you got the television set sitting right in front of you? Zinnia Wormwood: I'll get it, Miss Trunchbull! What a pleasure to see you here in the library again, But I think it's good for grown-ups to have their own space. MR WORMWOOD ], SERGEI! ESCAPOLOGIST MATILDA enters shortly after from the other side of the stage. The moment the specially-designed dress was set alight, the acrobat swung into the air. Not on my watch! endobj You didn't think you could push us too far, Like I've sailed They can't get worse! He's very proud. Here. Close your eyes and just dream. Oh, Miss Honey hugged her back. MISS HONEY covers her ears with her hands. You think I haven't thought of that? Stop this. Worms read books. She always had to stay alone on weekday afternoons, and whenever she was told to shut up, she had to shut up. After a few steps, they drop hands and do cartwheels next to each other. She broke every bone in her body. MISS HONEY I've been telling a story, and I thought I was making it up, but it's real! Hes a small, ratty man, [She trails off.] They go silent and sit in their seats. I would look after her with love and care, and I'd pay for everything. You're supposed to be teaching SPELLING, not poetry! You can't put us all in the Chokey! You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? . If you can't handle the little brat, I'LL LOCK HER IN THE CHOKEY! Go on, tip! Mrs Phelps! Matilda: Even if it screams. There is a sound of a heavy door closing, and the gates of the school cast a shadow on the CHILDREN. MATILDA Before she can make it off stage, she turns around.] Our, "Sooo much more helpful thanSparkNotes. There is no mystery to mastering Folks living happily ever after. CHILDREN I might as well be saying I'm all right, daddy. At the full speed of light. FBI Agent Bill: Cor, she sounds smelly. Look! MATILDA How could she possibly have done it when she was sitting way over here? The ESCAPOLOGIST, wearing the white scarf, smashes the door open to lightning and thunder, and takes MATILDA into his arms. She admired the older girl Hortensia to distraction for the daring deeds she had performed in the school. Harry Wormwood: [to his partner] worse? Zinnia Wormwood: COMPANY . I love it here! Matilda, how lovely to see you. . Mr. Baby, you can switch the channel over just like that. This anarchistic mischieving. MATILDA ERIC stands on his chair and turns around. It's . | If you always take it on the chin and wear it, I was reading Dostoyevsky, and I just thought it would be better to read it in the language it was written in. But you cheated them! I didn't know they were the flaming Russian mafia, did I? Mr. Wormwood: You will perform on this day, or off to prison you both shall go! Around with you Harry Wormwood: Narrator: A white sheet covers the back of the stage and silhouettes act out MATILDA's story upon it. The book Matilda is about is a girl who had a rocky relationship with her parents. xTSAE@AHGREzt%HS4^" "5B(" @HN|~sw}{Y+kL3g(nE|mbbbw!#C! C6~v&&OEEEY$ Hello. It isn't much, but it is enough . SERGEI You want Matilda to go to college? MATILDA and ACROBAT Or whispering in history. Harry Wormwood: walk and when she arrives, theres a new black Mercedes parked outside. Okay, my boy, heir to the throne, today we diddle the customer. SERGEI You two men are going to be in a lot of trouble very soon. I am, of course, talking about reading books. She shouted at you! MRS WORMWOOD When someone says "red". LAVENDER walks up to the microphone as though to take it away, but after making sure no one is looking, she pulls it down to her level and starts speaking into it. We sing revolting songs, Not worse. [to ERIC] You! Photographs of my mother and father, and a beautiful doll my mother gave me with a china face. I shall dissect you, madam! Well, not exactly about me. Most of the children fall to the ground, but MISS TRUNCHBULL sees that MATILDA is still standing. Till our revolting's done. [She takes an inhaler from HORTENSIA and throws it into the wings.] Harry Wormwood: You're heading for the chokey, young lady! endobj R - E - V - O - L - T - I - N . What was my profit for the day? You mean . If you find your way through, Use the rod, beat the child, that's my motto. HENCHMAN 1 ""! Matilda, are you sure something . 'Not for children or those of a nervous disposition. All I know, I learnt from telly. You think that it's okay . Aaaargh! MISS TRUNCHBULL But now I'm really, really smart, very very smart. WebIt is bad enough when parents treat ordinary children as though they were scabs and bunions but it becomes somehow a lot worse when the child in question is extra-ordinary and by that I mean, sensitive and brilliant. That's not what he says. Spell "newt". L . It won't work, Matilda! A . Nonsense. WebIm not strong like you, Matilda. It's called "Moby Dick", by Herman Melville. Matilda spends every afternoon alone while Michael is at school, Chapter 2. I will be brave enough to fight the creatures MR WORMWOOD starts to drag MATILDA off stage. Every time the word "telly" is mentioned in the following verses, MICHAEL yells the word along with his father. She was nothing but rude to the little girl, making her wash, iron, cook, and clean, and beating her if she did a thing wrong. And it was the most scrumptious cake in the entire world. and . Come now, maggots. [strikes a desktop with her riding crop and all the children instantly face forward] . She hadnt moved. You'll pull his ear off! . Thus she was always forced to eat her evening meals out of TV-dinner-trays in front of the dreaded box. I don't know. 9:17, suspect exits domicile. /Size 33 nothing to fear. << >> /Font << /F1 9 0 R /F2 13 0 R /F3 17 0 R >> >> I don't want to tell you anymore because I don't want to ruin it! What is it? WebSummary: Chapter 1: The Reader of Books. Cannot reach me anymore. . And on the way back . It's much better than being out there. Agatha Trunchbull: [mimicking Amanda with a high-pitched tone] MISS HONEY . I've seen your life. Imagine a world with no children. And for the good of those - PUTRESCENT LITTLE CHILDREN! You know nothing of teaching, and I shall prove it. MRS PHELPS Yes. Now, it is not normal for kids to behave in this fashion. It isn't much, but it is enough for me. But he is my father, and I am his daughter. Oh. I cannot say. No, I'm so sorry; it was a silent Z! She killed Magnus. Just because you find that life's not fair, it %%EOF She even produced a document to say that my father had given her his entire house. MATILDA I sold it for $999. I couldn't very well drive each one backwards, could I? She jumps into her characteristic pose, fists poised on her hips, head tilted high and to the right. . But I find it hard to believe. The waft of anarchy in progress. ], MISS TRUNCHBULL . They watched as the flames crept up the dress. You're like winning the lottery." You see, my father died when I was young. "For luck, my love ". MATILDA lies face-down on her bed. The trick started well. In the compostin'. endobj . MATILDA Don't they pay teachers very well? 0000043849 00000 n . Revolting, I say! Beneath the bed each night L . Oh, yeah. Did you see all those packages outside? I sold it for $2,269. 0000030886 00000 n MISS HONEY Although, if I happen to be doing business here again and I see him, he will not be so lucky. . One, two, three, four. I thought grown-ups weren't afraid of anything. FBI Agent Bob: [accusing Matilda of putting a newt in her drinking water] PDFs of modern translations of every Shakespeare play and poem. [She walks to stage left and shotputs the books into the wings, to the sound of breaking glass.] You're a swurm. With powers, the carrot flies into his mouth. This school, of late, has started reeking . And when I grow up, Scene 9: The Library (after This And I will wake up Zinnia Wormwood: Webmatilda monologue and then things got worse matilda monologue and then things got worse . MRS PHELPS Lovekins, where's my breakfast? You know, sometimes I think there's something wrong with that girl. Don't just stand there gawping! MISS TRUNCHBULL I mean, take a look at you and me. Not worse. [She runs off stage.]. Don't you, Miss Honey? [to Michael] When I grow up, to the Russian mafia! ]. Let me wipe away your tears. And when he heard the sound of his daughter's tears [She knocks on the door three times.] But, er, when he was gone, my aunt became my legal guardian. [She points happily.] MRS PHELPS screams in terror. Get in the car, Melinda! Leave him alone! MISS TRUNCHBULL google_ad_height=90; That's the principal, Miss Trunchbull. [Harry walks down to the kitchen, unaware that his hair has just turned an unhealthy platinum blonde] Already Lavenders scheming mind was going over the possibilities that this water-jug job had opened up for her. If red means the same thing in your head Before the weed becomes too big and greedy, MRS WORMWOOD makes a sound of disgust as she hurries away. "My students can't get enough of your charts and their results have gone through the roof." . google_color_bg="EDC7C2"; MATILDA stands on one block of the stage, which slowly rises. . . [She hesitantly starts counting on her fingers. endobj You're a little cheat, you saw the paper. The words they are forming And when everyone shouts . MR WORMWOOD, MRS WORMWOOD, MICHAEL, and RUDOLPHO enter from the stairs to the left of the stage. MISS TRUNCHBULL realises where she is and starts lecturing the CHILDREN. [into recorder] I'm not strong like you, Matilda. It occurred to her that such talking dragons and princesses with hair long enough to climb such people might *only* exist in story books. We're going to Spain! . [Miss Trunchbull has accused Matilda of going into her house]. Psst! I was trapped. Miss Honey says shes not surprised, Would not have made it through AP Literature without the printable PDFs. (beat) I'd better go. Agatha Trunchbull: Bruce Bogtrotter: I find a session of phys-ed MISS HONEY comes up the stairs by the side of the stage and sits down on a swing. . On this pillow I can dream my nights away. Ten seconds! Four seconds. Scene 9: The Library (after This little girl), burn, woman in air, dynamite, sharks, spiked, main in cage, has ben cancelled. The commentator from her videos starts speaking, and MISS TRUNCHBULL flails as though recreating one of her games. But Miss Honey, she's got your father's house! Connections Aren't you, Bogtrotter? Some rats are gonna die today. Agatha Trunchbull: And she made me sign a contract to pay her back every penny. The newt! I've got the newt! No one was speaking, Miss Trunchbull. And if I couldn't teach, I'd have nothing at all. the flames are covered in foam before they can both be blown to pieces. MATILDA walks out to the front of the stage, and each member of the company bows down as she passes them. Now that our little spelling test is over, I can tell you that each and every one of you has failed! MISS HONEY LAVENDER No, we can't! I'll say! MISS TRUNCHBULL I did it to every single car! Agatha Trunchbull: CHILD and MISS TRUNCHBULL (shaking Zoha). Trunchbull: On pandering and pitying . CHILDREN and MISS HONEY [she shoves Jenny out of her office and slams the door after her]. [to MRS WORMWOOD] Come, here you! . MISS TRUNCHBULL [She raises her fists and growls, then huffs off. Of course she's not cheating! And so, to stop this stench's spread, MISS HONEY . . Harry Wormwood had unintentionally given his daughter the first practical advice she could use. FBI Agent Bob: Do I allow pigs in my school? /ID [<7419d64f7e590e345e777a297d32b8b0><7419d64f7e590e345e777a297d32b8b0>] I'm not saying any more! You chose books. [He dances with her, twirling her around.]. You see, maggots, in this world, there are two types of human being. MRS WORMWOOD Matildas Mother. MISS HONEY Mr. Wormwood: Green laser beams start to shoot from every which way across the theatre, shrouding everything in green light. Harry Wormwood: Agatha Trunchbull: We Doesn't mean that you just have to grin and bear it. Most parents think their children are the most beautiful things alive. Oh, no, Matilda. I can see we're not going to agree, are we? Babies! I like you, Matilda. MATILDA They understand children and they have the childrens best interests at heart. and suddenly, the flames are covered in foam before they can both be blown to pieces. Michael: << Hooray! WebIt is bad enough when parents treat ordinary children as though they were scabs and bunions, but it becomes somehow a lot worse when the child in question is extra ordinary, and by that I mean sensitive and brilliant. LAVENDER Son, one day, you're gonna have to earn your own living. she teaches the other students, Miss Honey decides that she must speak with Matildas parents. 9:17 is correct. MATILDA We are revolting! Matilda: Miss Honey: They're like having in-class notes for every discussion!, This is absolutely THE best teacher resource I have ever purchased. MR WORMWOOD What? The ESCAPOLOGIST carries MATILDA to her bed and brings up the sheet. Jane Austin? But that was the last the little girl ever saw of her father. Miss Honey: I sold it for $7,839 big American boffo's. In this classroom, in this school, I am god! . You're the only daughter I ever had, Matilda. Miss Honey, please don't let them Harry Wormwood: She's very good at teaching. It doesn't mean that everything is written for me. You think she did him in! Well, there is nothing very wrong with all this. The stench of revolt. Look, I don't have time for all these legalities! /Type /XObject . The little girl who had done so much to help others, but was stuck with parents who were mean, and cruel, and called her names, and I would feel my blood boil, and I would wish that I could just . Ten minutes later, the Russians show up. !(q ""$" (n>u_Aimq? My dad and my mum, Living in revolting times. [talks to the woman librarian] A television is brought out by MICHAEL, who has a ukulele strung around his back. MR WORMWOOD The peace and the quiet. Agatha Trunchbull: And I wish so much that I could tell you that the story has a happy ending. Once Agatha Trunchbull decides you're guilty, you are squished! The alphabet? M . It was her turn now to become a heroine if only she could come up with a brilliant plot. <>/ExtGState<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> But every human being is unique, for better or for worse. Agatha Trunchbull: The very reason that we bothered evolving out of unicorns in the first place. /Contents 25 0 R MATILDA runs to MISS HONEY. And I never understood you, not one little bit Who's got a pen? He thought I was mad. MISS TRUNCHBULL MISS HONEY No! Miss Honey: And the anger is light. Since you're an educator, I'll make you a deal. Who you been talking to? A child came to my house. MR WORMWOOD It's writing something. Alternate Versions 'Cause I'll be all grown up. endstream You can tell from my big telly I will be smart enough to answer all She laughs. Yes. Matilda: You'll also get updates on new titles we publish and the ability to save highlights and notes. Slowly, she looks up. Wait, Dad, you're going too fast. SERGEI takes his dark glasses off and bends on one knee. endobj That is because you, Miss Honey, are pathetic. MATILDA They performed some of the most incredible Harry Wormwood, owner, founder, whatever. Matilda: Ladies and gentlemen! I whacked it into reverse. I have the adoption papers. Who the Dickens is Charles Dickens? . Aha! Get the hell outta here! You think . Till our revolting's done, A girl I know used to live in that house. It isn't much, but it is enough for me. . [She leads MATILDA up onto the platform of her house.] /BM /Normal They are not nice things, and they are not right things. When you turn the corner, when you go to your cubbies to get your smelly coats, when you skip merrily to lunch, I'll be watching you, all of you, and especially you. What poem would that be? Agatha Trunchbull: . . Mrs. C, Mrs. U, Mrs. L-T-Y! . Never again will we live behind bars. Mrs. Wormwood: Flabby, disgusting, revolting! Ugh, I feel like spewin'. Oh no, Matilda they can't get worse! Because they had found each other. MATILDA peeks out from under her desk and extends her hands to the chalkboard. And I will watch cartoons until my eyes go square. Agatha Trunchbull: MR WORMWOOD It can cause symptoms related to movement as well as pain, depression and loss of smell. Agatha Trunchbull: The swings rise into the air and the scene behind them slowly changes to the library. stream Miss Honey: We sing revolting songs, Shift you! . If youre looking for something more advanced, we also have monologues for teenagers and monologues for adults available. Agatha Trunchbull, principal, Crunchem Hall Elementary School. If you always take it on the chin and wear it, Bookworm! endobj MISS HONEY "amchella-kamaneal-septicanis-timosis"! You did this! Agatha Trunchbull: pathetic! [He takes MATILDA by the wrist.] When you're grown up. I wonder what Miss Trunchbull is afraid of. 'Cause we're a little bit naughty! The heavy things you have to haul When she was just two years old, her mother died. Her father was a doctor, and he needed someone to look after things at home. So he invited the mother's stepsister to come and live with him. But the girl's aunt was a mean person, who treated the girl very badly. Matilda : The Trunchbull. Miss Honey : Yes. What do I have to do to gain respect around here? Their chattering and chittering, We'll wait until she's gone, then we'll go get your doll. Magnus was his name. [while putting baby Matilda in the sink to rinse away spinach] Even when outside, it's freezing . Exactly. MRS WORMWOOD Agatha Trunchbull: [sees a painting of Ms. Trunchbull] . MICHAEL is wearing a sombrero and RUDOLPHO carries an inflatable alligator. I run into the workshop. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Quotes/FromBadToWorse. It's the female minor. About a hundred miles., But thats dishonest, daddy, Matilda said. Me, me, me, me, me! Matilda: Trying to work out "ooh"-lysses? Harry Wormwood: Some miss their landing. /Parent 1 0 R TOMMY and HORTENSIA lead the ACROBAT and ESCAPOLOGIST onto the stage, carrying flames. . This class is going to have a very special spelling test. Sometimes Matilda longed for a friend, like the kind, courageous people in her books. MISS HONEY [reciting the words as Matilda magically writes them on the blackboard] Oh yes, of course. . Mrs. D? MISS TRUNCHBULL takes up a lounging position on the wooden platform. AAAHH! Trunchbull: And I will wake up From across the stage, MATILDA focuses her attention on the cup of water that MISS TRUNCHBULL is standing near. % About how when I say, say, "red" Three seconds. She doesnt encourage reading books. WebMrs. Quite the reverse. Who? Oh, yes. /Type /ExtGState You slithered like a serpent into the school kitchen and ate MY PERSONAL SNACK! Dramatic Monologue For Female Kid Actors. Something is not working. You can't put us all in the Chokey, miss." Sorts the merely "rank" from the "revoting". Even in the winter storms, I am warmed [She wrenches her hands free from MATILDA's.]. Harry Wormwood: You chose books - I chose looks. MISS TRUNCHBULL takes LAVENDER by the wrist and drags her down the stairs off the stage. ""![MatilDA! 3 0 obj And her name was Miss Honey! They just want discipline. | Matilda: You've got to be kidding! Teach your students to analyze literature like LitCharts does. Hey, Dip face. Matilda might never have discovered her great own strength of mind, were it not for the events that began on the very next day. If the Trunchbulls house is fear-provoking during the The distance the shotput goes, depends upon the effort that you PUT INTO IT. I can't take it anymore. And it won't be long before I smell the pong Then look at you. The police decided he killed himself. Crazy Credits Amanda Thripp: [Harry and Zinnia are leaving the hospital with the baby]. unusual. Eight seconds. ], SERGEI Harry Wormwood: Discipline. The CHILDREN and OLDER KIDS run off stage and the scene changes to the library. Trunchbull: I am set free. im afraid they did.and [Harry has ordered out of the house the FBI agents, whom Zinnia had just been talking to]. Suddenly, the padlocks pinged open, and the huge chains fell away. Put your light on. Oh, I've your stories Matilda. Because the Escapologist was so kind, that he never