cindy hsu daughter

It doesn't pick a season. Her passion is sharing stories about children, seniors, education, adoption,. It kind of warps what you're thinking, and it really makes you believe that if you are gone it will be better for the people you love. She is not dating anyone and is focusing on her career at the moment. She received several awards like the Golden Apple Award by American Women in Radio and TV and the Friends of Adoption Award from the Adoptive Parents Committee. She anchors the weekend morning newscasts with Andrea Grymes. So I just kind of pretended mommy was away for a little bit, but after I had finished with the hospital, after the hospital, you go to a kind of a step down program, where you continue with the group and you continue with different doctors, but you get to go home. After I was in the hospital. She is currently working for WCBS TV, where she hosts a weekend evening news show for the CBS affiliate network. Previously, she is working with WTVR-TV Richmond, in Virginia. I'm still on medication, and I need that. There isn't. I also said if you want to talk to an expert about this, or if there's anytime you have questions. But what happened was, I believe, weeks after that first visit in the emergency room, I just kept going back to work and then one day, one of my colleagues, she said "Are you OK?" Social media Cindy Hsu has 5.3 k followers on Twitter and 6 k on Facebook. From cbsnews.com Return to Team Page She was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, and attended Virginia Tech where she studied and graduated with a degree in Communication Studies. Cindy Hsu Daughter. Cindy: It's not, but when you're going through it you think it is. What was His Net Worth? But it wasn't so much that I felt like, oh, I need to get help. She is not dating anyone and is focusing on her career at the moment. That's exactly what our CBS2 anchor Cindy Hsu is doing. Facebook gives people the power to share. Her career is the primary source of her income. Hsu is a Big Sister and has worked on the Advisory Board of APEX, a group that pairs Asian professionals with recent immigrants and young people who need guidance. Enjoy reading!! Veteran WCBS/2 anchor Cindy Hsu will anchor the channel's new 9 a.m. newscast. Wiki | Wife and Children. She started her journalism career from WTVR-TV Richmond, Virginia. Cindy: I'm more aware, you know, I listen for - if somebody says to you "I just want to disappear" or "I'm such a burden" or "I just want to give up." And you see big personality changes, also. Explore More about His Past Relationship & Family! Her size is approximately 5 foot 7 in (Approx 1.7 t). Cindy has won Emmy Awards for stories such as Smuggled from China, which exposed the horrifying predicament of Chinese immigrants attempting to enter the United States. She came to be on May 6, 1966, in Honolulu, Hawaii, during the United States. They have psychiatrists and group meetings, where you're with other people who have suffered the same issues you suffer from, and you can talk openly. Cindys height is more than 5 feet 5 inches and also has a pretty and attractive body with a beautiful face. I was like, "No," and that was the first time I actually let down the wall. You don't want to let down your photographer. The proficient journalist was born on May 6, 1966, in China. She had worked as an anchor for the morning, noon, and 5:00 p.m. newscasts at various periods. Actress: Scorpion. At different times, she previously served as anchor for the morning, noon, and 5:00 p.m. newscasts. What are the body stats of Cindy Hsu? Cindy is currently 56 years old and celebrates her birthday on May 6 every year. Who is Kingsley Ben-Adirs Wife/Girlfriend? And that was for weeks, and weeks, and weeks. Rosie is in third grade. Cindy loved her daughter very much and traveled with her in her free time. When Hsu is not covering the news, she spends much of her time performing community work and is strongly involved with the Asian-American community. Estimated Age and Net Worth 2023; Bio | Girlfriend, Married Life of Viola Davis With Julius Tennon; Bio | Age and Net Worth 2023 | Weight Loss, Kali Uchis Previously Dated Young Gleesh; What is Her Age and Net Worth 2023? You're involved in the Asian American community. First let's just talk about the timing in perspective of what we're all going through. So explain how you led into it, and what made you realize there was a problem? Before joining WCBS, she also worked for WFRV-TV, WTOV-TV. In a sense you can hide behind that, but obviously that gave way, did that play into it, the responsibilities of your job, or failing, or becoming transparent? Cindy Hsu is an Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter who has been at CBS New York since 1993. Sharing tales about children, the elderly, education, adoption, animals, and mental health awareness is her passion. When you pull the shades, you just want to be in the dark, and you want to shut everything out. So I got advice from child psychologists about how to tell her. Her passion is sharing stories about children, seniors, education, adoption, animals and mental health awareness. She has been working in the TV station since 1993 and anchors the weekend morning newscasts with Andrea Grymes. It opened a door that had been shut, right now, to so many people. In 2004, she anchored a two-part special on efforts to adopt her daughter, Rosie, from China . Cindy is a single mother who lives with her adopted daughter Rosie. Through home videos, she brought viewers to China as she adopted her daughter Rosie as a single mother. But when you're in the midst of a serious depression, you think there is no hope, but there is. She was born on 6 May 1966 in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. But there is free help, and there is low-cost help, you just have to reach out for it. Cindy and her little sister have been together for more than two decades. Cindy: You know I didn't even consider it, because, first of all, I didn't know I was suffering from depression. Apparently, she has managed to keep her personal life away from the limelight hence she has not disclosed any information about her parents. I had no idea, and it wasn't until it was a process, you know, from the emergency room to I think several weeks later, just continuing to do your job, but anxious inside, but trying not to show it. Hsu worked as a reporter and anchor at WFRV-TV in Green Bay, Before joining WCBS-TV Wisconsin. When I was in the step down program, so I was still gone from work, nobody knew from work what was happening with me. Bio | Net Worth & Movies | Books, Wedding of Miranda Maday With Raven; What is Her Age and Net Worth 2023? She also received Emmy Awards for Outstanding Single Hard News Story for Smuggled from China, which exposed the horrific plights of Chinese refugees from the Golden Venture ship, and for her live coverage of the snowstorm of 1994. In the middle of that I had asked them how do I handle this with Rosie? NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- Mental health is extremely personal, and not something many people open up about, but every year, millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness. won thereporter of the year award from the NY & NJ Asian-American Law Enforcement. Then I started to get involved with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and they have a walk, so I took part in their walk with my daughter and a friend. What happens with depression, for me, it's like a black cloud takes over your brain, and it tells you that the world would be better without you. Cindy Hsu is a Chinese American television news reporter and an anchor in WCBS-TV in New York City. In 2016, she won thereporter of the year award from the NY & NJ Asian-American Law EnforcementOrganization. Died, you didn't get to have a funeral. When you talked about if you see somebody you love, and that person, you may say "Cindy is everything ok?" Apart from this, she is also involved in some community services and social work. And the hope was I wouldn't wake up. Dana: I want to also get back to being diagnosed, and some will - "What a stigma, I've got depression, I can't let anybody know." And that felt amazing, to have so many people who are going through the same thing. Hsu has earned Emmy Awards for stories including "Smuggled from China," exposing the horrific plights of Chinese refugees trying to make it to America. This is Per our average wage estimates for a journalist in the . Cindy Hsu Height/ Weight. ", What was it about sitting next to a person who is saying "Hello, my name is, and I have x, y or z? Cindy:I didn't communicate with anybody. Hsu likes to keep her personal life private hence its hard to know whether she is married or not. Cindy has an annual salary of $70 thousand and she has a net worth of $3 million. Hsu has been at CBS2 News in New York City since 1993 and is an Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter. Liz McGiffin Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Kids, Salary, NBC 4, Eric Shawn Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Salary, Net Worth, FOX News, Tia Ewing Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, Fox News, David Martin Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Salary, Net Worth, CBS News, Vinson Cunningham Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, The New Yorker, Amy Argetsinger Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, Washington Post. I'm not going to share with my child what I'm going through. Cindy: It took the experts to explain that mental health is just as important as physical health whether it's cancer or diabetes. Cindy Hsu has been at CBS2 News in New York City since 1993. She resides in New York City with her daughter. Cindy's net worth is approximately $3 m as of 2022. She has got brown hair color and dark brown eyes. Prior to joining WCBS 30 years ago, Hsu worked as a journalist in Richmond, Va., Green Bay, Wis., and Steubenville, Ohio. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. She is involved in several campaigns working for regarding global issues like prevention of HIV, Refugee, Zero Hunger challenge and so on. Website: Biographyscoop.com I actually lost I think I lost something like 20-30 pounds, and I didn't even know. That's exactly what our CBS2 anchor Cindy Hsu is doing. Cindy has worked with various organizations including the Board of Directors of the Museum of the Chinese in the Americas as well as the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation among many others. Cindy has been with her younger sister for more than two decades. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Hsu anchors the weekend morning newscasts with Andrea Grymes. Teenagers, and especially during this time, so she's now the listener. Or, if you're the loved one of someone who's going through this, the loved one can reach out. Every dollar you raise through the Out of the Darkness Walks allows AFSP to invest in life-saving research, education, advocacy, and support for those impacted by suicide. Her passion is sharing stories about children, seniors, education, adoption, animals and mental health awareness. Her work at CBS 2 has been recognized with numerous awards which include Reporter of the Year from the NY &NJ Asian-American Law Enforcement Organization. At different times, she formerly served as an anchor for the morning, noon, and 5:00 p.m. newscasts. Now a red flag goes up, and I talk more about it. You know? But so, for the other caring person, don't give up, don't give up in your help. Well, it was in 2015, and I think the first sign to me was having trouble doing my regular job, everyday reporting, going out into the field. She gets personal about what she's gone through, how she found help, and how she's living differently now. The baby had. She weighs 55 kilograms. She devotes most of her off-duty time to community service and is honest about her depression, in the hopes of eradicating the stigma associated with mental illness. She lives in New York City with her daughter Rosie and their rescue dog Lilo. Facebook: thebiographyscoop Cindys estimated net worth is$3 million. Cindy: You're so right, and sometimes you don't realize that until it's too late. Previously, she was the President of the New York Chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association. She is receiving an annual salary of $70 thousand from her profession as a news reporter. JOURNALISTS, USA JOURNALISTS' BIOS She began her career journey at WTVR-TV in Richmond, Virginia where she served as an associate producer. She adopted her and has mentioned it in her book Bringing Home Rosie. When Cindy is in her off days, she likes to go to the school, concerts, and tours with her daughter. Cindy Hsu Salary Hsu receives an annual salary that ranges between $64,717 - $186,956.This is according to WCBS-TV salary. Dana:Did Rosie know and how did she react? . And it must have shown on my face, you keep trying to hide it. That's the other thing: there are so many resources. If you have a physical ailment, it's not a weakness. Cindy:I was confused, probably embarrassed. She is involved in several campaigns working for global issues such as the prevention of HIV, refugees, the Zero Hunger challenge, and so on. Dana: Your story - a lot of people wouldn't have the courage to do this, but you feel it's important. Dana:Were you able to do that? She began her broadcasting career as an associate producer for WTVR-TV in Richmond, Virginia. Cindy has earned Emmy Awards for stories including "Smuggled from China," exposing the horrific plights of Chinese refugees trying to make it to America. She has served as president of the New York chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association. It would be I stopped exercising. Yes, Cindy is the anchor for the new WCBS weekday 9 a.m. newscast. She is also an Emmy Award holder from CBS-TV, having been working for the year 1993. You know, wanting to go home and just go to sleep, and pull the shades down, get in bed. As of 2023. She currently anchors CBS 2 News at 9am, and she is also fill-in & substitute anchor. Dana: You have decided to talk about something very personal, and the timing is no coincidence. Again, give yourself permission to say "I need to take better care of myself.". Besides being a renowned journalist, Cindy is also the author of the famous book titled Bringing Rosie Home. No one's going to be honest about that. I share with her anything that I'm doing as far as talking about this. You can't find any information about what it's like there. Cindy was honored with the Golden Apple Award from the American Women in Radio and Television. Cindy Hsu is a Chinese American television news reporter and anchor at WCBS-TV in New York City. And went to the hallway and she said, "Are you OK?" So that's what it felt like. Rosie is in third grade. Maybe not showing up for work, or not exercising, not eating well, because you don't care? Hsu graduated from Virginia Tech with a bachelors degree in communication studies. You're one of my dearest friends and you didn't know. She and her daughter reside in New York City with their rescue dog Lilo. And then I remember one story, a simple story, but my heart started beating so hard in the truck, in the news truck, that I told my camera person Mike Muskopf - I said I have to go to the emergency room. I can't tell you how much it helped to have group meetings, where you're sitting next to people who say "I know how that feels. Hsu has an adopted daughter baned Rosie. She joined the station in 1993 as a reporter. Cindy Hsu Husband. She weighs 55 kilograms. Cindy is a single and loving mom to her adopted daughter Rosie. People can whisper, whisper, whisper. February 18, 2022 / 11:33 AM She is quite reserved when it comes to matters of the heart. Information about her parents and siblings will be updated as soon as its available. Does Alex Guarnaschelli have a Child? Dionne Monsanto lost her 15-year-old daughter, Siwe, . She has mentioned it in her book Bringing Home Rosie. I think most people are really good about hiding it, and that's also what I learned through this is that no matter how good somebody's life looks from the outside, they could be going through hell inside. . She was also honored by American Women in Radio and Television with the Golden Apple Award, and she also received the Friends of Adoption Award from the Adoptive Parents Committee. It was just harder to do just the simple job I'd been doing for more than 20 years. Cindy Hsu is an Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter who has been at CBS New York since 1993. Chinese American Hsu journalist has an estimated net worth ranging between $1 Million $5 Million which she has earned through being a journalist. Hsu is not married. She has a daughter Rosey Hsu whom she adopted and has mentioned in her book 'Bringing Home Rosie. I used to exercise four times a week. She and her daughter reside in New York City with their rescue dog Lilo. Learn more about contributing; Edit page. You know, coming from an Asian family, we don't talk about things like this. Cindy: I was by myself. Cindy Hsu, a reporter for WCBS-TV, in New York, says she's been telling her daughter, Rosie, now four, her adoption story ever since she brought her home from China, in 2004. And the pain, did you not think you were worth it? She is regarded as one of the most talented and experienced journalists on CBS. Later, she landed her dream job to the famous CBS2 (WCBS-TV), a CBS-owned channel. But it felt like you were doing something. Copyright 2023 NewsCheckMedia LLC, 238 Crosshill Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096 | 610-649-7989. Cindy was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, and graduated from Virginia Tech. Cindys net worth is approximately $3 m as of 2022. She anchors the weekend evening newscasts. And what I found was, when I first opened up, so many people talked to me afterwards about how either they had felt that way, or they had a family member who had been through mental illness issues. Cindy was born on May 6, 1966, in Honolulu, Hawaii. But I guess she saw, and she said, "Can I talk to you in the hallway?" She has over 5,000 followers on Twitter and over 6,000 followers on Facebook. Cindy Hsu Salary. Cindy Hsu Family She has now been able to help her friends, her teen friends, talk about angst and issues. Spot TV Forecast: After Political Bonanza In 22, Flat Will Suffice For 23, Top 30 Station Groups: Standard General Leaps Into Second Place With Tegna Acquisition, Cape Girardeau, MO. Hsu has a daughter named Rosey whom she adopted and has mentioned it in her book 'Bringing Home Rosie.' When Hsu is not working, she likes to go to school, concerts, and tours with her daughter. I never experienced feeling like this. She is a news presenter alongside Andrea Grymes for the weekend morning. Cindy Hsu is not having an affair with anyone presently. Cindy is a single and loving mom to her adopted daughter Rosie. View the profiles of people named Cindy Hsu. Her personal details are not revealed yet. Most of them had attempted suicide as well. But I would just tell her that mom's at a place, I'm taking art courses because there was art therapy, and music therapy, and things like that. More to explore. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. When Cindy is in her off days, she likes to go to the school, concerts, and tours with her daughter. Previously she co-hosted a morning news program on WBCS. She previously anchored the weekend evening newscasts solo up . Cindy anchors CBS 2 News at 9 am and is a fill-in and substitute anchor. I felt like it didn't really help anyone. Hsu earns an estimated salary ranging between $40,000 $ 110,500 per year. Menu. It was weird. My daughter was 11 years old, so she and I of course aren't going to talk about it. Because I think one of the biggest things you can do is listen, and listen carefully, to people's pain, and don't just swat it away so she is now a strong mental health advocate. Is American Chef-Alex Guarnaschelli still engaged to Michael Castellon? Cindy:I'm proud of her and I just am so grateful that she's my daughter. It's not a cloud because you're managing it?

Dulce, New Mexico Missing Persons, Georgina Hayes Grange Hill, Articles C