why did i get married angela and marcus

Because he's desperate, insecure (at least when he's a relatively new character in the series.he definitely grows), and based on the stories he tells about his past, he's never been the most popular or well-liked guy. Produced by Lionsgate and Tyler Perry Studios, it is the sequel to Why Did I Get Married? The movie ends with Patricia smiling at him. Angela lectures Dianne and Sheila about how all men cheat. The infidelity of Marcus and Mike leads to a discussion by the men of the 80/20 rule. The week is not planned out in a well-programmed sequence, so the events unfold somewhat spontaneously, beginning with their "adventures" in getting up to the mountain retreat. They both agree to face the situation and soon reconcile. Diane (Sharon Leal) & Terry (Tyler Perry) are having issues with one another, because Terry believes Diane is not paying enough attention to him, or spending quality time with each other. . (screenplay) Cast (in credits order) Produced by Music by Aaron Zigman Cinematography by Toyomichi Kurita Film Editing by Maysie Hoy Casting By Production Design by Ina Mayhew I think you need to stay. Was the Angela & Diamond engagement real? That same night, Mike is caught by Angela going to Trina's bedroom. Enraged, he tries choking her while the others pull him away. During a heated argument at dinner, Angela exposes Mike and Trina's affair. A sequel, titled Why Did I Get Married Too? Angela (Smith) and Marcus (White) spend a night on the town together. Marcus You still don't trust me. Poppy. Stating that they both had their clothes on and he looked passed out. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. He is potrayed by Michael Jai White. After that, she tries to get some advice from Jennifer and Leslie at her salon. Janet with fellow castmates of Tyler Perrys Why Did I Get Married?. is a 2007 American comedy-drama film adaptation written, produced, directed, and starring Tyler Perry. It was confirmed in the season 2 premiere. Terry: What kind of a man has to make an appointment to sleep with his wife? Although he suspects she is trying to poison him at first, they reunite and set new conditions. Marcus (Michael Jai White) and Angela (Smith) get cozy. It was inspired by Perry's play of the same name. Troy becomes a threat to Mike, not because of Sheila, but because of Trina. But when one's ex-husband arrives to break up her marriage and win her back, the . Trina (Denise Boutte), Mike (Richard T. Jones), Sheila (Jill Scott) and Troy (Lamman Rucker) dine in style. The professor goes on to tell her that she can at least say hi because the university needs funds. Four couples, who are also best friends, converge on a house in the mountains for a week-long retreat that has become their ritual of sorts to help work . Sheila (Jill Scott) and her new husband, Troy (Lamman Rucker), are the first to arrive, followed (in order) by Patricia (Janet Jackson) and Gavin (Malik Yoba), Terry (Tyler Perry) and Dianne (Sharon Leal), and Angela (Tasha Smith) and Marcus (Michael Jai White). This movie is about the difficulty of maintaining a solid relationship in modern times. Even though she doesn't count as an antagonist, she is obnoxious and over the top, which usually embarrasses her husband, Marcus Williams and her over the top antics against Marcus . Their journey is not documented. The soundtrack debuted at number 51 on Billboard 200, number seven on R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and number six on Soundtracks with 58,000 copies sold in first week.[14][15]. Heartbroken, she moved into Joseph and Leslie's apartment. Troy: No. Millner, Denene (November 2007), "Friends & Lovers". The big-screen adaptation of Perry's stage play about the trials of marriage and what happens to one family when a sexy young temptress arrives on the scene. In Canada, scenes were shot in the city of Vancouver, Pemberton and Whistler. She introduces Troy to the others and tells them she has invited him to breakfast. Marcus (White) plays referee between his wife Angela (Smith) and Pam (Keesha Sharp). (Marcus then Neither Janet Jackson nor Jill Scott are featured on the soundtrack. 6y. Angela moves back in and gets advice from her maid, Miss V. Who is played by Chandra Currelly. Sign in to rate and Watchlist for personalized recommendations. Angela: Trick, was anybody talking to you? Sheila (Jill Scott) is left to deplane (because of her weight and the requirement to purchase two seats) and drive the long distance in the snow, while her husband Mike (Richard T. Jones) continues on the flight with Sheila's single friend, Trina. Eventually, she breaks down emotionally and confesses that she was only trying to be perfect. Download the Watch OWN app and access OWN anytime, anywhere. and artlessly dodges a question about their marriage. At the "Why Did I Get Married?" She, Dianne, and Angela are elated when Sheila arrives, re-introduces Troy as her new husband, and has successfully lost weight with his help. He takes her up to a mountain where she cries and mourns the loss of her love and the only life she knew. The series, which stars White and Smith as Marcus and Angela, premiered on TBS on November 25, 2011. Marcus and Angela were first introduced to the world in Tyler's hit feature filmsWhy Did I Get Married andWhy Did I Get Married Too. Angela and Marcus' relationship became tense when Angela recieved a letter from a woman named Sabrina Murphy stating that she slept with him while at his friend, Manny's party. Cheryl Pepsii Riley. Terry finally confronts Dianne about her infidelity; she reveals that she has been having an emotional affair and begs for forgiveness. Janets character is demure in one of the final scenes of from Tyler Perrys Why Did I Get Married? Marcus denied that he slept with that woman. Marcus is finishing sending a text message before getting in bed. SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS TODAY AND ENJOY THE BENEFITS. The film was released in the United States by Lionsgate on October 12, 2007. Dianne goes to see Terry and begs him to come back home after crying over her list. doesn't add anything new to Perry's melodramatic formula. Why Did I Get Married Too? Angela: Yes, trick. Heartbroken that Marcus was the one who took the money out her account she moves in with Jason and Leslie. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Marcus It's okay, Angela. throughout the entire series. Angela said that in one of her YouTube videos. Stars Cocoa Brown Michael Jai White Tasha Smith See production, box office & company info Watch on BET+ S1-6 with Prime Video Channels More watch options Add to Watchlist Added by 5.7K users 10 User reviews 3 Critic reviews Awards 1 win & 3 nominations Episodes 171 Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? Mike shows complete disregard for his wife and disparages her weight. This happens again when the couple arrives at her house for the kids. Angela recieved a letter from a woman who claimed she slept with him. By what name was Why Did I Get Married? Angela No, let's talk. They were proffessionals but their lives in marriage were quite challenging; the four wereTerry and Dianne, Gavin and Patricia, Angela and Marcus and, Sheila and Troy. Later that day, Gavin finds himself humiliated at his job, harassed, and told off by an angry Patricia; to make matters worse, he is then struck and gravely injured by an oncoming truck. is a 2007 American comedy-drama film adaptation written, produced, directed, and starring Tyler Perry. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Mike then tells Sheila he wants a divorce, and she smashes a wine bottle over his head, knocking him out. For Better or Worse Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. Elsewhere, at Sheila's request, Mike agrees to help find Troy a job. I was just waiting for you to say something. Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture: Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture: This page was last edited on 30 April 2023, at 07:43. Sheila invites them to dinner and they accept. I ain't gay! Angela Williams: Marcus' loud mouth wife. Wilson graded the movie 1.5/5 stars. Patricia refuses to give Gavin any of her book money, but as she leaves, Gavin advises Dianne to tell Patricia to "prepare for a fight", as he intends to get half of that account as well. I got my shot. Eight married couples, Mike and Sheila, Terry and Diane, Gavin and Patricia, Marcus and Angela, whom are all college friends plus one other unexpected friend, Sheila's friend Trina, go to Colorado for their annual week long reunion. Dianne : mmhmm, that voice. Sheila is persistent to get to the retreat because she wants to make her marriage work. Stay up to date with the latest trends that matter to you most. The film also stars Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Malik Yoba, Sharon Leal, Tasha Smith, Michael Jai White, Richard T. Jones, Denise Boutte, and Keesha Sharp. Until Marcus told her that it was his house and it was his room too. Sheila tearfully confesses that she has been taking Mike to chemotherapy; she tries to apologize for being dishonest, but he leaves her. (2010) Full Cast & Crew See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro Directed by Tyler Perry Writing Credits (in alphabetical order) Tyler Perry . is a 2010 American comedy-drama film directed by Tyler Perry and starring Janet Jackson, Tyler Perry, Tasha Smith, Jill Scott, Louis Gossett Jr., Malik Yoba, Michael Jai White, Sharon Leal, Richard T. Jones, Lamman Rucker, and Cicely Tyson. The week is not planned out in a well-programmed sequence, so the events unfold somewhat spontaneously, beginning with their "adventures" in getting up to the mountain retreat. I am a Tyler Perry fan but this has to be one of the worst written & acting shows I've scene. [12], Last edited on 29 November 2022, at 16:17, Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture, "I just finished working on the film, "Why Did I Get Married Too." [5] Norwegian Christel Alsos was also featured with the song "Still". This show is just awful!!! The first couple, Diane (Sharon Leal) and Terry (Tyler Perry), drives up together and argues most of the way because Diane refused to leave her job at the office and constantly gets calls on her blackberry or makes calls instead of talking to Terry. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our has a degree in chemistry. Angela puts down Marcus for working for her, saying that he was a pro player for two years, but then not much for many years after that. Mr. Perry needs to be a little more realistic with his scenes. Tyrik: A contractor who claims she had an affair with him a week before her marriage with Marcus. Why do you get married? ", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Why_Did_I_Get_Married%3F&oldid=1152442466. Marcus (Michael Jai White) & Tasha Smith (Angela) quarrel constantly about everything, especially over Marcus's ex wife, and Angela's heavy drinking. Portrayed by Tasha Smith known for her role in Why Did I Get Married? is a 2007 American comedy-drama film adaptation written, produced, directed, and starring Tyler Perry. Marcus tries prove his innocence. Still working on the expansion, Angela has no idea her check has been cleared until Leslie tells her. Celebrity. At the beach, the women meet an elderly couple (Louis Gosset, Jr. and Cicely Tyson) who have accidentally thrown a friend's ashes on Angela. Eight married college friends plus one other non-friend (all of whom have achieved middle to upper class economic status) go to Colorado for their annual week-long reunion, but the mood shifts when one couple's infidelity comes to light. On June 16, 2009, Tyler Perry confirmed that the entire cast from the first film would return for the sequel. Tyler Perry Works Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. but he's gonna have a headache for a while. [4], Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 48% based on 42 reviews, with an average rating of 5.50/10. has cancer, caused by a mass in her mammogram, but later is misdiagnosed Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? Welcome to r/MTVChallenge! I want that password. Sabrina Murphy: A woman who claims they have 3- month year old son together. Privacy Policy. [3] Due to Michael Jackson's sudden death, film production was halted for a short period of time, after which Jackson returned to continue with the project. Marcus lies to the fan, telling her that Terry is his bodyguard. You don't know your name? Why Did I Get Married Too is a 2010 dramedy starring Tyler Perry, Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Malik Yoba, Sharon Leal, Tasha Smith, Michael Jai White, Richard T. Jones, and Lamman Rucker.It is a sequel to Why Did I Get Married?, as the name implies.. Once again, the four couples (but with Troy this time) go on a retreat in the Bahamas. Angela Williams is one of the main characters on the dramedy, Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse, and the Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Films. Even if she didn't say it, it was quite obvious. Their journey is not documented, however, right before they leave to go to the retreat, Gavin shows up to pick up Patricia at a lecture she was giving (she is the author of a book called "Why did I get married?") RoKeisha Jones: Marcus' baby mama whom who have a daughter together named Dominique. Marcus: Could you lay off of that for a while? Though the couples have committed to being physically present for the week, some of them have not been emotionally present in their respective marriages for quite some time. Over the course of the week, the couples battle with issues of commitment, betrayal and forgiveness and examine their lives as individuals and as committed couples.

Letter To Father From Daughter On Wedding Day, Articles W