winchester model 24 problems

Fun and easy gun to shootthey say old man Olin was a perfectionist when it came to chokes, not sure if that pertained to his Model 24 production, but my 24 patterns great. I'm checking Winchester parts dealer but so far no luck. Does any know of a source for documentation? Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:15 am. WOOD A LITTLE MARKED UP. $24.99. The Model 24 is about as wide through the breech and receiver as a side-by-side gun can be. It is easy to put it back in place but what can too easily be overlooked is there is a coil spring hidden in the back of the receiver that the rear end of the ejector bar rests in. When you get to the 16s & 20s, you will pay a little more for them. Website, P.O. It has less drop at the comb than some of the older guns. I've owned several Winchester 24's and they are every bit as beautiful as a mud fence. I own a Stevens 5100 16ga that is somewhat heavy and not very elegant but I can't miss with it and wouldn't part with it either {hs#. Each has a corresponding letter. HOW TO FIND AN OBSOLETE PARTS DEALER. It started to double on occasion, and became a little loosesent it to NU Line and they got it back into the game, tight as new. I have a 24, 16 gauge , 26 I/C Mod.been shooting it many years, a LOT. Email, 3530 Auburn Blvd; Ste 8 Magazines Only: Q, The Complete History of Winchester Repeating Arms, Chat with us < /a>, powered by < a href = "https://www.livechatinc.com/?welcome" rel = "noopener nofollow" target = "_blank" > LiveChat < /a>. On the 16 ga. guns I have observed this groove just touches the fireing pin hole and runs out and stops a little above the hole. What is the good, bad and ugly about the gun? I won't tolerate it. I wanted to keep it in the family as well as use it. Box 200 No, they arent as pretty as a 21, buy the birds dont care. WINCHESTER MODEL 96 Phone: 501-767-1970 Website Barrels are 30"" and marked 2 3/4. Early models had a hard butt plate, later this was changed to a ventilated recoil pad. If it wasn't for the Winchester name I wouldn't give it a second look. JavaScript is disabled. Burris combines two hunting gear essentials into a single unit with the new Signature LRF 10x42 rangefinding binoculars. Magazines Only: E, Parts: I, J, K, O, Q 1) Loosen all action screws. It's parts 55, 56, and 54 that I have to put back somehow. That is a real possibility on a 45 year old rifle. Blue steel. Email, 501 Eaton-Brazil Road The poorly shaped trigger guard is stamped from heavy gauge sheet metal. Gun #: Side-by-side field gun with Full/Mod choked barrels. Barrel lengths of 26", 28" and 30" were offered in 12 gauge, while 16 and 20 gauge guns could be had with 26" or 28" tubes. It is either the worst piece of crap Winchester ever made and the springs and firing pins won't last and the hinge and release prematurely wear out, or it is quality all out of proportion to its price. Poor mans Model 21? Winchester Model 24, 16ga, 2.75" chamber, 28" Barrels, Double trigger, extractros. About 75% of the non-Russian production was in .30-40. Email, P.O. It has never caused any problems but I dont like the triggers, not enough room between them for my big fingers, Seem to be valued higher than the workmanship warrants. Go to AmericanRifleman.org for ARTV exclusives. PARTS CAN BE HARD TO FIND. FACTRY BLUE AND WOOD FINISH OVERAL 85% ORIGINAL FINISH REMAINS. . WebWinchester Shotguns 24 Parts List Sort by: Show Available 0 Schematic w/ Parts List 1 Barrel 2 Stock 3 Stock Bolt 4 Cocking Lever, Right 5 Cocking Lever, Left 6 Cocking Lever Spacer 7 Cocking Lever Pin 8 Cocking Lever Spring 9 Cocking Slide 10 Cocking Slide Retaining Screw 11 Extractor, Right 12 Extractor, Left 13 Extractor Guide 14 Note: A full length review of a Winchester Model 24 shotgun can be found on the Product Reviews page. I repeat the Centennial Model 94 is superior to any Commorative Winchester Model 94 that I have seen or handled or An AYA 20, and a c. Stevens 5100 20. Rapid CitySD, 57701 WebGreat deals on Winchester Shotgun Stock & Forend Parts. In my 70s now, Ive had the gun for about 40 years give or takedoing the math Ill probably have to get it tightened up again around the year 2060 if the birds hold out. Email, 18124 107 Avenue IMPORTANT: Winchester Repeating Arms does not stock parts for guns that have been out of production for more than a few years. I realize the 21 is quite a wonderful shotgun, just mainly interested in construction and materials. It was my Grandfather's and the story goes he won it gambling in the Great Depression. WebThe Winchester Model 24 side-by-side shotgun went into production in 1939 and stayed in the line until 1958. Would you like to visit Winchester International? The Winchester Model 24 side-by-side shotgun went into production in 1939 and stayed in the line until 1958. Not knowing anything about 24s, do they have anything in common with, 21s. Posted: September 10, 2020 By Joseph von Benedikt. M24 works for me! Kingston, NY 12401, 2023 Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. It could be worse if you do it to a 21. Love to have a 20 gauge 24maybe the old lady buy me one when gas prices drop and the economy takes off. Added a scope and sighted it in. $11.45 shipping. or Best Offer. I can send photos. You must unlock the bolt head from the receiver before anything else. Very pretty rifle. I just after MUCH research asked for a Kittery Trading Post price and availability on the 1892 Winchester in .357 Magnum. Ive seen very few around here and the 21s I see all have issues and high price tags. Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:17 pm. I wonder if anyones ever refurbished one to look like new? I guess I was not too high on the family food chain at the time. Recently, the extractors started wearing grooves in the receiver face across the firing pin holes for both barrels. Introduced in 1939, the Winchester Model 74 is an intriguing self-loading rimfire. When your turn comes, PASS! Official Web Site Of The Winchester Arms Collectors Association. Morristown MN, 55052 HuntertownIN, 46748 All Rights Reserved. Banging a rod down the barrel, into a spent case against the bolt head will not unlock it. I've heard two schools of thought about the Model 24. This 1892 Winchester review is MOST excellent. 1 January 16, 2017 - 5:33 am Received a Model 74 rifle that has been in the family for several generations and am seeking documentation since we are unfamiliar with its care and feeding (other than do no dry fire it). We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. WebAlthough extremely uncommon, from time to time special recalls of various firearms and other products may be listed on www.winchesterguns.com. Website Fax: 360-748-6028 This is also spring loaded from a pin that provides tension used for the locking lever. Royal AR, 71968 I hear tell there are folks that collect model 25s too. I guess someone does, people collect all kinds of stuff for whatever reason. There was even a lightweight version of the Model 25, alloy receiver and all! Phone: 256-534-9292 4) Close floor-plate and tighten top action screw. STRAIGHT GRIP WITH 13 5/8 LOP OVER A 1 PAD. The weight on the 1892 is 6 pounds and 7.25 on the 1873. Available gauges were 12, 16, and 20, with 12 gauge being the most common. Manufacture date of 1950. Length of pull is 13.75"" over pad. Once the forend is off, just break open the gun as if to reload and the two halves should separate at the hinge. Phone: (916)334-2512, 226 Williams Lane ), I bought a clunker Model 24 with the barrels cut to 18" for $79. Too often this spring falls out and is lost before the owner is aware it is there. Smokeless powder is a passing fad! Great memories with that shotgun, great shotgun. NOTE: first posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed, WinchesterCollector.org No, it's not a Plane Jane 101. It was produced only as a field grade gun with blued receiver and barrels, wide 7/16" raised solid rib, uncheckered black walnut stock with lacquer finish, semi-pistol grip (a straight hand stock could be ordered), double triggers, and spring powered extractors that elevated the shells when the gun was opened. Real walnut. Up for sale is a Winchester Model 24. Steve, quite the ride. The Complete History of Winchester Repeating Arms. I've owned several Winchester 24's and they are every bit as beautiful as a mud fence. Available gauges were 12, 16, and 20, with 12 gauge being the most common. The extractors on the model 24 while spring loaded their protrusion is limited by a shoulder on the extractor guide which holds the pins in place. WebWinchester 9422, 9422M Rimfire Lever-action Rifle ; Winchester Post-64 Model 94 & 94AE 30-30, .357, .44, .45 lever action rifle ; Winchester Pre-64 model 94 30-30 lever action rifle ; Winchester Shotguns . One of the first shotguns I shot really well is the Model 24. At least we have these photos, which help tremendously. The extractors on the Win model 24 are spring loaded.As such they contantly bear on the standing breech creating a wear groove in it from use over time. Website, 16335 Lima Road #5 Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:41 pm, Posted: It is a 12 gauge gun with 30" barrels. Bores are excellent. Winchester made a Model 96 O/U too if I remember correctly. Like the Stevens 311 and Savage/Fox Model B with which it competed, the Model 24 worked reliably. In the ever-evolving world of social media, we are constantly looking for new ways to connect with our readers. You just may be in luck as a look on Gunparts Inc website shows that these parts for 16ga . -TXGunNut. I guess usually you've got to study the configuration a while and let it sink into your head, along with advice from people like you and other posters regarding assembly. Side by side field gun. 3) Snug the screw behind the trigger guard in the same manner, and lastly do the same to the screw under the floor-plate. | NRA Family, First Look: Burris Signature LRF 10x42 Rangefinding Binocular, American Buffalo Introduces Sunset Series Tumble Weed Knife, Redding Reloading Adds Die Set for .300 HAM'R, New For 2023: Glock 28 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Look: Vortex Razor HD 4000 GB Ballistics Rangefinder | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New for 2023: Henry Rifles Chambered in .360 Buckhammer | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Look: Henry Big Boy Revolver | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Smith & Wesson Model 350 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Ruger American Rimfire Go Wild | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Davidson's Weatherby Vanguard Cipher | An Official Journal Of The NRA, First Look: Burris Signature LRF 10x42 Rangefinding Binocular | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: SIG Sauer Tango6T And Alpha4 Mount | An Official Journal Of The NRA, CMP Milsurp Ammo In High Demand, .30 Carbine Online Sales Exhausted In One Week | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, 5 Mistakes New Shooters Make | An Official Journal Of The NRA, How to Set Up Your Truck for Hunting | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Exploded View: Mauser K98k | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: Frankford Arsenal X-10 Progressive Press | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Members Hunt: A Priceless Deer | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Putting the HammerDown | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Twist Rate: How Hornady's 7mm PRC Fared in Africa | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Behind the Bullet: 7-30 Waters | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Little Guys To The Rescue: Federals Force X2 Shorty Shotshells | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New For 2023: Winchester 400 Legend | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: One Hundred Concepts ScopeCap | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Springfield Launches New Online Shopping Experience | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. Thanks, Rex. AdnaWA, 98522 Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Remington Model 700 American Hunter Rifle Project, NRA Benefactor Honored at Prestigious National Event, This Needed to Be Said | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Shotshells: Interpreting the Numbers on the Box | NRA Family, Ammunition Science: Shotshell Ballistics | NRA Family, Is a 20 Gauge Enough Gun for Turkey Hunting? Phone: 260-338-1894 The key is gun fit. Below are two listings to help you locate businesses that support parts and service for Winchester Repeating Arms Obsolete Firearms. Don Snell said WebEarly models had a hard butt plate, later this was changed to a ventilated recoil pad. It takes some slamming or careful shaking of the shotgun to get it to cycle. I had a old childhood chum that had one of these nice shot guns. Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:16 pm. It is/was an attempt by Winchester to produce a domestic double at a low price. Nothing to write home about but nobody was cussing them either. This will release the plate used It appears that you are accessing the Winchester Website from outside North America. Box 58 For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It was priced at 80.00, which made me think that the bore was probably a sewer pipe, but when inspected with a light it was bright and shiny. Phone: 866-686-7424 Indeed, form follows function. The latest way appears to be an app called CamoSpace, designed specifically for members of the hunting community. Only about 116,000 of them were manufactured before it was discontinued from the Winchester catalog in the late 1950s. 28" barrels choked Mod and Full 13.5" LOP 1950s gun double triggers and extractors this gun is in exceptional condition Will do layaway no texts, Winchester Model 24, 16ga, 28" MOD and FULL, 1942, c1939 Manufactured WINCHESTER Model 24 DOUBLE BARREL 12 Gauge SHOTGUN C&R FIRST YEAR PRODUCTION Side by Side, "Winchester Model 24 Shotgun 12 Gauge (W12327), Winchester Super X Turkey 12 GA 512357290. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The tang-mounted automatic safety, however, is conventional in operation and simple to use. Posted: On the other hand I shot them well as they had modern stock dimensions and the barrels patterned like a dream. :lol: It would have made a good ******* Beater, but it did have a set of barrels and a trigger, I guess it was considered a gun. Back is "safe," forward is "fire.". The mating surfaces either being damaged, worked on (tuned by Bubba) or filled with crud. It is to bad they didnt keep the 21 in the family. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. PevelyMO, 63070 Id like to have a chance at a nice 24. No, they arent as pretty as a 21, buy the birds dont care. 26" barrels were choked IC/Mod. Manage Settings Phone: 602-483-2564 Those photos show the parts in question, but I'll still need to fiddle with it a bit to try to figure out how the re-install. The Winchester Model 54 actions original lock time of 5.2 milliseconds was reduced to 3.1 milliseconds with the addition of the .22 Hornet in 1933. Phone: 360-748-4590 Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think I will get it just to have a s/s. WebPARTS CAN BE HARD TO FIND. I'm thinking it's just the extractor is worn out. Im assuming you meant the 24? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. There were two firsts connected to the Model 1873. Website In 1984, Winchester began to produce rifles chambered for cartridge, legitimizing Waters dream, and establishing it as a commercial cartridge. This gives the gun a decidedly unusual appearance. -Steve Garbe, I hate rude behavior in a man. Only about 116,000 of them were manufactured before it was discontinued from the Winchester catalog in the late 1950s. Phone: 928-718-4282 WOOD HAS WEAR AND MARKS WITH 14 LOP. I cant afford a 21 so maybe the 24 will work for me. That gave these hardy American made utility doubles an advantage over inexpensive imported guns that, while often more stylish, were sometimes made of inferior steel and suffered reliability problems. $49.00. Made in 1947, 12 Gauge shotgun with 30"" barrels. It was intended to compete with the Stevens 311 and cheap imported guns as an affordable, utility side-by-side. PleasantPA, 15666 I suppose any really serious "Winchester" collector ought to have at least one? By no means an expert but a Model 70 Fanatic. What could be the cause of this and what does it take to fix it? Kind of like the Model 24 vs the Model 23. Email, 2326 Clinton Avenue West I suspect the truth is a blend of the two. Website Can anyone help me put this back together. Model 24s are a very good shotgun. Would you like to visit Winchester International? SN is 312xx, made in 1942. Thanks for the photos that already have been sent. Fax: 877-486-7278, 1201 Turbin Drive If this is something that has started recently and there was no event that would have caused it, I suspect stuff has probably built up opn the other end of the ejectors which prevents them from going forwad smoothly as the action is closed. Winchester Model 1200,1300 12ga, 20ga Factroy Checkered Wood Forend. Obsolete Support Dealers A Midwest LinneusME, 04730 Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 am, Posted: An inch in diameter, the tubular receiver houses a simple blowback-operated bolt and is fed by a tubular magazine housed in the buttstock. Thank you. 10-19-12, 21:16 #5. Due to the over 150 year history of Winchester Repeating Arms, many parts for a great number of older, out-of-production Winchester brand firearms are sold only through independent specialty parts dealers and service providers which may or may not be listed below. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Due to the over 150 year history of Winchester Repeating Arms, many parts for a great number of older, out-of-production Winchester brand firearms are sold only through independent specialty parts dealers and service providers which may or may not be listed below. Phone: 636-475-7300 It is a 12 gauge gun with 30" barrels. Thats more than I would give for one. someone also described it as a fencepost. It is virtually a pair of 37s joined together. I don't know.of any. Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 pm. Went home cleaned it and back in the safe. Unfortunately Winchester is unable to This reminds me of the time I tore appart my old Stevens 5100 double barrel, that was 30 years ago, It took awhile sitting out in the shop sitting on a 5 gallon bucket studying it, it was a booger till I figured out the method to compress the hammer springs and hold them till its assembled. I understand. 21s and 23s, yes, but 24s? Just curious if it would be worth the couple of hundred to acquire it. Therefore the extractors are designed to be pushed into their respective barrel lump by the breech face as one closed the action? Guns International has a few to look at. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Non-takedown, utilitarian cut-rate version of the Model 12, I believe. Condition, I would guess, is 75% blueing and "Fine" according to NRA Antique Firearms Conditions Standards. This listing is simply a service we hope will help you out. The firing pin may be broken, there is a little raised bump midway that guides the pin back and forth in proper alignment. I wanted to keep it in the family as well as use it. I hope to get some more advice, and photos if possible. The thing is not to stick to much into it because they really are not expensive guns. I can't clean the mechanism because I can't figure out how to take it apart. Manufacture date is 1947. It was reasonably successful in the market place and a total of over 116,200 were manufactured. Cleaning with a solvent such as Power Blast and a brass brush might clear it up. For more information, check out the video embedded above. Total production of Model 1895's is stated to be 426,754 - as always, give or take a few thousand. "Side by side field gun. Once again, you get what you pay for. A steal at a couple of hundred if you ask me. Ahlman's in Minnesota did Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good overall condition. I have used a candle to flux the metal parts to see where it may be binding. WebWinchester Model 24. Where was the hunt? The wood has little to no wear marks. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. There was an NRA Musket for competition. 95% BARRELS, 90% RECEIVER, NICE BORES. Our sample Model 24, owned by Gordon Landers, weighs about 7-1/2 pounds. The Model 24 was intended to compete with the likes of the Stevens 311 and Savage/Fox Model B as an affordable, utility side-by-side. Winchester Repeating Arms is not affiliated with any of the listed companies. Good overal. Phone: 901-559-4169, 2124 Pawnee Dr I have a model 24 Winchester 16 gauge side by side that has been in the family a while. I guess I was not too high on the family food chain at the time. Winchester 101 over/under shotgun 12, 20, 28, 410 gauge ; Winchester 12 and Featherweight pump shotgun ; Winchester 1911 semi-auto A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. I hear tell there are folks that collect model. The bolt will only unlock by either manual retraction of the bolt handle or by the gas system through the action bars when fired. Email, 2110 McLean Avenue Everything I think a double should be except graceful. (I do like old Winchesters..don't get me wrong. Neighbor has a Winchester Model 24 s/s shotgun he wants to sell me. The 1895's came in rifle, carbine, & musket configurations. Website by Hudson, This product is no longer available, however, Barrel, 12 Ga., 24", Used Factory Original, Stock, Used Factory - Refinished & Repaired, Cocking Lever, 12 Ga., Right, Used Factory Original, Extractor, 12 Ga., Left, Used Factory Original, Firing Pin, 16 & 20 Ga., Left, Used Factory Original, Firing Pin Spring, New Factory Original (2 Req'd), Forearm, 12 Ga., Plain Walnut, Used Factory Original, Forearm Escutcheon Screw, Front & Rear, New, Forearm Shoe Retainer, Complete, Used Factory Original, Forearm Shoe Plunger Pin, Used Factory Original, Safety Slide Push Rod, 16 & 20 Ga., Used Factory Original, Trigger, 12 Ga., Right, Used Factory Original, Trigger, 12 Ga., Left, Used Factory Original, Trigger Guard Screw, Front, Used Factory Original, Top Lever, 16 & 20 Ga., Used Factory Original, Buttplate, New Reproduction (3-1/2" Hole Spacing), Buttplate Screw, New Reproduction (2 Req'd), Cocking Lug Rivet, Used Factory Original (Forearm Shoe Lug Rivet), Trigger Plate, 12 Ga., Used Factory Original, Trigger Plate, 16 Ga., Used Factory Original. Solid. Website WebBetween 1873 and 1882, Winchester chambered the Model 1873 for these black powder cartridges (left to right): the .32 WCF (.32-20), .38 WCF (.38-40) and the .44 WCF (.44-40). Later found a set of well thrashed 30" mod/full barrels for $10 at a gun show. Used it for years for cowboy shoots.
. Jun 22, 2011.

Charlotte And Lance Homeless Baby, Family Dollar Penny Policy, West Valley College Wrestling, Articles W